CX Events (“CX Events,” “we,” or “us “) knows that you care how Personal Information about you is collected, used, shared and stored. “Personal Information” means information which personally identifies you. “Affiliate”, means a company which we own or control, a company that owns or controls us, or a company that is owned or controlled by the same company that owns or controls us.
CX Events complies with the data protection frameworks as set forth by the Personal Data Protection Act of Curaçao (2010). CX Events adheres to the industry best practices and is committed to providing its users with sufficient notice, choice, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement of data protection principles and standards.
Our privacy statement is designed with you in mind. How the statement applies to you depends on how you interact with us. For example, if you:
- purchase a ticket from us, we will use the information you provide to fulfill both our and Event Partners’ obligations to you in providing that service and, where permitted, to keep you informed of other events that you may interest; and
Your choices and rights under each scenario are explained in more detail below.
What information do we have and where do we get it from?
- When you create an account, purchase a ticket, or have a friend transfer a ticket to you, we collect your information which, depending on the service we provide, may include your contact and billing information.
- When you use a social media feature within our website, and you post on social media, the social media site will provide us with some information about you.
- If you have accessibility requirements (mental or physical limitations), we want to make sure you have the best experience attending events. To do this, we need to collect data from your needs.
- Information that we provide from children under 18, we always ask permission from the parents. And we will always collect such information only for the purposes specified at the time we collect it.
How we use your information and why?
For the execution of our agreement
We use your data when you enter into an agreement with us, buying a ticket, so that we can:
- Process your order
- Accept your payment
- Provide Customer support
For our legitimate business interests
- Market research and analysis to improve and customize our products and services.
- For our marketing purposes.
- To send you customer service emails, including booking confirmations and event reminders.
- To prevent or detect illegal behavior, to protect or enforce our legal rights.
- To guarantee the safety of our activities and those of our Event Organizers and Partners.
- Create a profile for you to provide personalized services.
- To contact you with information or offers regarding our future events, products or services – this can be via email, via push and web notifications, via SMS or social media platforms. You can change your marketing preferences at any time, see the “Your Choices and Rights” section below.
- To provide you services based on your location.
- To process your health data to meet your accessibility requirements, where required and express consent is given.
How We Store and Protect Your Personal Information
We may store Personal Information in locations outside our direct control (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers).
We use Security Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to encrypt sensitive personal information (such as your payment information and geolocation) before it travels over the internet. Credit card numbers are never stored on our database or servers.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Who do we share your data with?
- Companies that provide services for us such as marketing, profiling, reporting and technical support.
- Our third-party service providers (also known as data processors), such as cloud computing providers, who provide the IT infrastructure on which our products and systems are built.
- Third parties who provide goods and services purchased by you (e.g., card insurance or merchandise) so that they can process and fulfill your orders.
- The organizer of the Event.
- Government agencies or other competent authorities were permitted or required by law.
- Any successor to all or part of our company.
Your choices and rights
If you have given us permission, you can withdraw it as follows:
- To stop receiving marketing emails from us, you can change your account terms, the unsubscribe instructions are in each email we send, or contact us and we’ll do it for you.
- To stop web push notifications, you need to change your browser settings.
- If you want to object to personalization, you can change your account preferences. If this option is not available, please contact us and we will do it for you.
You also have rights over how your personal information is used, including:
- The right to object to the processing of your data by us.
- The right to request that your data be deleted or no longer used.
- The right to request a copy of the information we hold about you.
- The right to amend, change or update information you provide (if you have an account with us, you can also do this by logging in and updating your information).
- The right to contest any automated decision we make about you – decided by technological means and without any human interference.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us. Please note that we will carefully review any request we receive.